Weekend Shopping: My Successful Day Shopping at Torrid!


Fashion for me is an uphill battle I've tried to win for years. I'm a plus size girl who has been forever stuck in the middle of two sizes, longing for Stacey & Clinton from What not to Wear to save me one day, and it's tough road to find clothes in stores that fit me in the right places.

But somehow in my 30 years I have found a middle ground - kind of a stalemate - where I am comfortable in my clothes and not pulling at my garments every 10 minutes because they are sticking to me inappropriately. 

My favorite stores to shop for clothes are Torrid, Dress Barn, Kohls (Def. frenemies though), Fashion to Figure, Target and Forever 21 (another frenemy). With the exception of my two frenemies I can always find something that makes me smile and makes me feel pretty in the other stores. Even though I might have to try on a lot of styles and sizes the small victories are very refreshing!! 

My #1 place to go is Torrid. I actually finally broke down and took the offer of the pre-approved  credit card because let's face it I'm always in there. Like I mentioned before it takes a while for me to find my balance in the sizes but using my $50 off of $125 coupon I had a very successful trip to Torrid this weekend and I'm super excited to share with you the results!! 

For those of you who have not shopped at Torrid they have a different size guide of 0-5 and of course the standard numbers. I fit in a multitude of their sizes from 0-2 and 14-18...yeah shopping for me is complicated. =P The lovely awesome Torrid models are also all shapes and sizes so it's sometimes hard to get a good feel for how the clothes would look on you..ergo I always go to the store first! =)

Here are my Torrid items I purchased: 
Total Shopping Trip: $106 w/ coupons
Three Tops & 1 Dress   

Torrid Model: Lace Bodice Babydoll Top | Me - Size 1
Torrid Model: Floral Ruffle Baby Doll Top | Me - Size 2
Torrid Model: Mesh Dot Inset Swing Dress | Me - Size 18

Torrid Model: Striped Lace KeyHole Cami Top | Me - Size 0

 I'm so happy with all the items I purchased and especially happy they were not black!! Black is always my fail safe, but seriously I need to leave it behind this spring! =) Also, every item is a different size. lol.

It was truly an enjoyable experience and I'm excited for some cute new clothes! But they are going to have to sit in the bag a little longer because New York pulled a fast one and now it's back to 40's. Womp Womp. I will get to wear these soon though! I can feel it!

20 comments

  1. I loved that blue dress on you. I'm glad that you've found a store that works for you. We all having sizing problems {i alter almost every piece of clothing I buy} in different ways.
    Jasmine @ makingrestorations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you found a store that you love! That is so, so important!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby doll top is so cute!! Great shopping trip girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress on you and all the tops are SO cute! Have a wonderful start to the week, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is SO cute! Great finds!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great pieces for that price! Love the dress on you.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all! You look better than the modals!! {and i wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it} My fave store is forever Nordstrom! Can't get enough!!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That navy dress is so pretty and it looks fantastic on you!! I hope that you had a nice weekend too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know everyone is saying this but I have to agree, that dress really is darling in you, it us cute as can be!! Fun stuff my dear and Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of Torrid but the clothes look cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look great, but I think that blue dress is my favorite!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such good choices! I love the first top and the dress. You look lovely! :) I love shopping at Bershka or Zara. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. i actually think you look better than the model!! #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL at Kohls and F21 being frenemies! That's how I feel about ON. Loving the stripes and the blue dress <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous - great purchases!

    http://simplyjandk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that baby doll top! Also, I took a gander at the size guide. Head is spinning. So many sizes. I feel like I would get frustrated so quickly trying to figure out what size I needed to grab! Ah. SO props to you for sticking it out.

    I like Kohls & TJ Maxx a lot. But I have a love // hate relationship with all shopping. My booty is generous as are my thighs, it makes it hard to find pants that fit right but aren't enormous in the waist. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to shop at Kohls, JcPenney, and Forever 21. But I need to try Torrid because I know I would be able to find some clothes that fit my curves! lol That floral ruffle top really looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vary in size in every shop I go in so I have to actually brave the shops rather than ordering online too! I love the dress :)
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. You found some great pieces. I love the cap sleeve dress

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete