My Weekend Trip To Saratoga Springs


Sometimes you have to leave the husband home and drive 2 and a half hours for a friend's Bachelorette weekend! After all the extra hours I've put in at work I needed to kick back, drink fruity drinks out mason jars, get stuck in an inflatable tube, and make some new friends. 

Cheesy sounding, I know, but it's the honest truth. 

The destination picked was Saratoga Springs in upstate New York. I thought it was going to Lake George, but I'm mildly terrified of swimming in a lake so I was kinda happy about the final choice. Saratoga is best known for the horse races but even off season there is a lot of fun things to do! There were shops, wineries, breweries, restaurants, and the architecture of all the buildings is beautiful. It has all the New England prettiness without the 4 hour drive. 


One of the Breweries we found was Druthers Brewing Co. I think I'm going to start a Blog Page for all the Breweries and Wineries I go to. I love trying new ones and you never know what you are going to get. 

When I tell you we literally heard music coming from an alleyway, I kid you not. From down the road we didn't know what to expect, but when we entered it was packed full of people and it opened up to a huge space with live music and great beer! 




The other winery we went to was more planned. The Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room was beautiful. If they didn't have the option to take home a glass I swear I would have just stuck one in my purse because these wine tasting glass trees were awesome! 

It was horse themed so everything was adorable, the wine was amazing, and every inch of the place looks like an Instagram dream backdrop. 


This also was the first time I used an AirBnB. I didn't book it but it was so nice I think I'm a changed woman. Forget a hotel, I'm going to use this again. Alright, depending on where I'm going I might still use hotels. The house we stayed in set the bar high. 

The pool was amazing. The owner of the house must have cleaned it right before we came. It did take 2 people to get me out of that darn green & blue tube because it was not made for someone with a Double D chest. It was like trying on that shirt you think might fit and then you have to bend over and shimmy out of it. Next time I'm picking the unicorn or the flamingo! lol.


Oh and then there were Hats...Tons of beautiful hats in every store! 
They take the derby scene very seriously...

The best restaurant we went to was


Right in the center of town was Braeburn Tavern and the steak tacos are amazing. 

It surprised me how reasonable the tavern restaurants were up there. The whole place is pretty much designed to be a tourist attraction, but...affordable. 

For me it was a great little getaway, but I was happy to be home. I missed Craig and my furbabies. If you live in New York and looking for a little getaway where you can feel satisfied with a few days away, I would recommend Saratoga Springs. Now I have to visit it during the horse racing days! =)

Where is the Last Place You Traveled? 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

7 comments

  1. What an awesome trip! Time away with friends is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fab trip away. It's so lovely to get out and about and see new places. Loving that pool photo, it looks like you had so much fun - even if you did get stuck in the pool ring hehe! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had fun. I'm the same - always glad to get back to my fur-babies too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing weekend! Love the pool inflatables! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a super fun time. And I love those pool floats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha ahhh this sounds so much fun! Love your photos, I so wish it was warm enough here to have a pool outside, I could just lounge about in a float right now haha xD following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heading there in March for my daughters bachelorette. Can’t wait.

    ReplyDelete