Thursday Thoughts: Ipsy, Disney, Magnolia Table, & The Ultimate Time Hop


Okay, the weekend needs to hurry up! 

~ This weekend I'm going to a bachelorette party mini getaway in upstate New York and there will be wine...oh yes there will be. Wine, fancy dinners, gossip, local town shopping, pool party, and a peek into the nightlife of somewhere new. After the craziness I've had at work these past few weeks I'm so excited to wind down for a 2 days. ~ 

~ Evidently a million things have changed at Walt Disney World since I went in 2002 and I'm not talking about them adding the Frozen ride. I now understand why people still use travel agents. It's quite stressful to set up the fast pass & reservations 30 days in advance. ~ 

~ Also Disney related - There is something called Disney Bounding where you dress up in normal clothes that make you look a version of a Disney character. I think I might have to do this...I'm obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas. If I can do Sally easily I'm so in! ~ 


~ I recieved my first Ipsy bag! Right off the bat I'm impressed with the size of the products and I love the little bag. Comparing it to Birchbox, I do miss the sheet of paper explaining each product. Most beauty products are self exclamatory but Ipsy seems a little more casual than Birchbox.

  •  Pacifica Tomboy Vibe Eye Shadow Palette
  • Firma Beauty Products Brush
  • MAC Prep & Prime
  • Hanalei Lip Treatment in Mauve Pink
  • Caudalie Creme Sorbet

I love that I received a full sized brush and a decent sized mini palette. I must have answered my bio questions more truthfully. Bag Review to follow later in the month ~ 
 

~ Finally I own a copy of Joanna Gaines book - Magnolia Table! It just seemed to be sold out everywhere and then I forgot about it. Lo and behold I finally picked up a copy at 40% off at Barnes & Noble. 

I'm weird when it comes to cookbooks and lifestyle books. I need pictures. It could be the best lemon tart recipe in the world but without a picture I can't even process it. Magnolia Table is so beautiful and I don't know how Joanna Gaines seems so effortless in everything she does. I know she has bad days, I mean come on she's a woman, but overall message is so motivating. I'm looking forward to trying out a lot of the recipes. ~
 
Beardsley Zoo ~ 1989 or 1990
Beardsley Zoo - 2018

~ When Craig and I went to the zoo this past Sunday I didn't want to take a picture by the fountain, but I said to him I need something for my blog because all I took were pictures of flowers. He snapped the picture of me and I didn't think about it at all. It sat on my phone and that was it. Last night looking for pictures of my grandfather I noticed the above picture and sure as hell I took the same photo almost 30 years in front of the same darn fountain.

If I tried to plan this it wouldn't have worked...I swear...

If I had actually planned I would have scrunched up my face and sat towards the left of the fountain to recreate it. Oh and where pink and not straighten my hair. But the almost 30 year later mirror image thing is crazy.

Now that's a time hop! lol! ~

What's Going on With You This Thursday? 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

4 comments

  1. Have fun at the party! I love Ipsy I used to get it but I had too many bags and was short on cash so I cancelled it. I miss it!

    http://upanelmstree.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 2 zoo pictures - then and now. It was definitely serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting a place where you have younger memories is so lovely. I do this myself and comparing the photographs shows how time really does fly. A lovely post!
    Love Casey xx
    http://casestreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haul from ipsy! I got a smaller eye shading brush but just about the same products as you. I keep wavering on if I should cancel or not...I have so many bags now and how much eyeshadow and eyeliner and mascara can one girl have - LOL! Following you now - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete