Thursday Thoughts: Movies + TV Shows + Books!



Well I blinked Monday morning and now it's Thursday morning. This week went by super fast. Work has been crazy, but it's kind of a good thing because I find myself snacking less at my desk. lol.

I'm a big Book + Movie + TV person. I always have been. I've been very caught up with work and missed a few things I really wanted to see. I can't wait for a few things to finally come out! 


A Wrinkle In Time

I completely missed seeing this in the theater and I had no idea it got released on DVD this week. The marketing campaign for this movie was insane but then it just came and went so fast. I know there were mixed reviews but I still can't wait to see it. I'll watch anything Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon do. Oh and we mustn't forget Chris Pine. He's my of my favorite Hollywood "Chris". 

I never read the book while I was in school so I'm going in fresh and new! I might check it out On Demand first before I buy it!


Orange is the New Black

Oh I'm addicted to this show!!! No Spoilers but I don't know how Season 6 is going down. Season 5 was so crazy, destructive, and utterly insane. 

Season 6 comes back July 27th 2018 on Netflix! I can't make plans that whole weekend! =)


TV Land's Younger

Another Guilty Pleasure TV Show! I took a chance on this random show a few years ago and Oh my God! I've already re-watched the first episode of Season 5 twice it was so good!! It started back up this week!

Liza Miller has been posing as a 26 year old to work in publishing house Empirical. There's a love triangle between Empirical's top boss Charles and the drop dead gorgeous hunk Josh (I met the actor that plays him last weekend - so cute in person too). Some people know her secret, and others don't. It's so addicting and the perfect show to binge watch. 


TV Land's Teachers

This show makes me crack up like no other. I'm not a teacher but seriously the Katey's - almost all the cast members are named Katey in one way or another are just hilarious. It's a guaranteed laugh fest every episode! Each funny lady has their own quirks and uniqueness. 

Another home run for TV Land, which kicked off Season 3 this week too. You never know what plot they're going to do in each episode. It's so different than anything I've seen! =)


The Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas

I will always have a soft spot for romance novels. I stumbled upon Jodi Ellen Malpas by reading her "This Man" triology.  I don't doubt her latest novel will knock my socks off. Her father is the King of England and she is the controversial princess. 

What's awesome about Jodi Ellen Malpas are her books are long and thought-out so you can really feel engrossed in the story and you can't finish it in one day! lol. Nerd girl problems. Reading books in one night and waiting 6 months for the sequel. This book came out this week and I definitely have to pick it up soon!


What Have You've Been Watching? Reading?

I'm always in the mood for recommendations! 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!


10 comments

  1. I have to check out Teachers, So many people have said its funnY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to see A Wrinkle In Time but i've never read the book, so want to do that first. i watched Younger a few years ago but i think i finished the first season and never watched the second, maybe? i had no idea it was up to season 5. one day i will binge watch it all lol. checking out that book, i love a good romance book, no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks for letting me know A Wrinkle in Time is out on DVD! (You're right...that seemed fast from theater to DVD!) I did hear pretty good things about it so I'll want to catch that.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any of these, I have heard that teachers is funny so must check it nout#fridayfeature@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any of these! We just went to the movies to see Infinity wars yesterday and I'm currently watching The Land Girls and Gilmore Girls Seasons on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for putting this list together .. We did enjoyed A Wrinkle In Time like you mention Reese is just awesome. Will be checking on Teachers sound like a good time... Thank you so much for join us at #alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to check out Teachers. Thanks for sharing this list. #alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen a Wrinkle in Time yet either. One radio announcer said it was the worst movie he had ever seen. I thought it was going to be good. Hubby and I love watching series on Net flix. Haven't heard of a few of these. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with Younger! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete