Life Lesson: Five Things I've Learned Never to Ignore in My Life...

There are Five Things I've Learned Never to Ignore in My Life...
  1. Suspicious Lumps in my Breast
  2.  Credit Card Bill Deadlines 
  3.  Six Month Dentist Cleanings
  4.  Smoke Alarms & Co2 Detectors
  5.  Car Maintenance Lights 

Each one can equally be a bitch in their own right... I've overcome #1 - Here, I monitor #2 very closely, #3 is easy for me, #4 makes me mad every time I cook anything, but #5 can be the biggest bitch of all. 

 I tried to ignore my check engine light in my car for a 3 days but I knew something wasn't feeling right while driving my car. I was hoping it was just the seal on my gas cap but alas there was more that needed to be fixed. Sometimes there isn't a light that turns on when something breaks or gets torn. The fixings holding my tires to the my car for were on it's last legs. $600 later I now have a safe car w/ snow tires and new parts to stabilize my wheels. I am soooo lucky it wasn't a hell of lot more money, but it still sucks. I keep feeling like anytime I save a little money I wind up having to spend it one way or another. The most important thing is that my car is now safe to drive and I'm proud of myself for making the right decision to bring my car in.

My New Glasses + New Book Found Here

This week has been a bit of a struggle for me. I can't seem to focus on anything, my to-do list is climbing fast and haven't had a consistent 7-8 hours sleep in the past few days. I keep waking up for various reasons. So I'm going to watch #Younger on TvLand & then try to curl up with a new book. I picked up "Life After Life" by  Kate Atkison at Barnes & Noble. This is my Book #1 for 2016. It was marked as a Bargain Read so I quickly snatched it up! I always check the bargain reads before I leave B&N! You never know what you're going to find! =)

Until Tomorrow...

What Are Some Things You Never Ignore? 

I'd love to hear about your learning experience!

6 comments

  1. Car repairs are something I do not miss, I gave up my car over 2 years ago and rarely miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should always listen to that little voice inside - for some reason it's always right!! Hope you enjoyed Younger - it's my favorite show!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2016 is my year of listening to my gut because every time I ignore that little voice, I regret it! Excellent post!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great things! So important! Have an amazing weekend!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach! lol! I laugh, but I am also serious :)

    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the dentist's office and I hate it when my 6 month cleaning comes around (because it always comes around way too fast) but I totally agree. That is something I will never skip even though I whine like a complete baby a week leading up to my appointment, at the appointment and afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete