Goodbye January 2016, Hello February 2016!

"You say goodbye, I say hello..." 
The Beatles - "Hello, Goodbye"

Before I could really grab a hold of the new year...January you're leaving us and onto February!! I thought January was going to drag on and on but no...it was a quick blink here and there. However I did manage to accomplish some things which I am very happy I did! I'm getting used to wearing glasses, I got to see a few movies I've been wanting to, FINALLY designed my wedding album, and actually successfully saved a lil money this month! It's a solid jumping off point and I'm excited to see where February will lead me!

Here are a Few Highlights from January! 


Like I said before I have successfully saved a lil money this month using my Simple Lunch Budget! 

Goal: $7 for lunch per day = $35 Total Amount Spent per week

Total Money Saved in the Month of January: $47.86

It's going to definitely be a bit of a struggle to continue with this plan because I got lucky a few days w/ company luncheons. I can't rely on that to save a quick $7. Also, I've found this plan only works if I use cash for all my lunch purchases. If I can physically see it, count it, and place it in my savings jar the progress is really sinking in for me. =)

Here are the progress posts: Money Saving Tips

Products I Discovered/Loved in January
  1. Fuji Instax Polaroid Camera  - Still in love! Perfect for Parties!
  2. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water - After using this for the last few weeks I might have found my go-to cleanser. My skin is so soft too! No dried out cheeks for me! 
  3. Covergirl Bombshell Intensity Liquid Liner - I'm still getting the hang of the liquid liner but this new product I picked up is making my eyeliner wing so much easier!!
  4.  Softlips Cube - Really helping out this winter on the cold days!

New Movies I Got A Chance to See!
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Yes I'll admit I saw this twice! There is so much I didn't catch the first time I saw it!! If you've always been a Star Wars fan - this is must see! 
2. The Forest - This was not my favorite horror film. The forest parts were creepy because it is a real place, but alas I'd rather watch The Grudge than see this again. Too short w/ too many loose ends which didn't make sense. 
3. The Martian - Omg Stressful as hell, but really amazing! Matt Damon was awesome and really held his own in this movie. You will have appreciation for potatoes by the end too! Oh and Ketchup! 
4. Sisters - I was so excited to see this movie and in the end was actually a lil disappointed in it. I felt like the funny parts were in the trailer and evidently parts of the movie was filmed in the town I live in. Yes, pictures to come!

A Few of My Favorite Posts this Month! 
Friday Favorites: All You Need is Love

See you Tommorrow! I'm back on The Weight Loss Wagon! 
*Crossing Fingers*

How was your January? 

5 comments

  1. It was a great month for you and a little savings is still better than none at all! Happy monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Wars was awesome but Sisters was indeed a let down. I'm all for a good laugh but it was mostly just ridiculous. And save that money girl - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job saving in January! I haven't seen any of those movies.. whoops ahha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured that Sisters would be a movie i would Redbox, I barely go to movies anymore, I've gotten so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job saving a bit of money, I wish I could say the same, but January was full of "incidentals", oh welll- here's to a great February!

    ReplyDelete