Sunday Stolen Moments: A Tiny Baptism for a Tiny Baby


Today I went to something special. A tiny baptism for a tiny baby. My best friend blessed her baby girl and it was an absolute treat to be a part of it! Lil Madison didn't even cry!! I was shocked. She was a trooper and held out to the very end. It was beautiful and it reminded me of one of my hopefuls of the year. 

Instead of resolutions for 2016 I'm concentrating on a few hopefuls I have not forgotten. One of them is hopefully getting pregnant later this year.  My husband and I are not trying yet to have kids but today made me so excited for the time when we decide to start!

 I held my friend's baby and it just felt right. Madison is not the first baby I've held in my life, but I've never quite felt this feeling of "Oh I want one" as much as I have when I hold her. It's so overwhelming...this urge...it's still 2 months later into her lil life I can't describe it. She hasn't figured out how to grasp people's fingers yet but she was trying and it melted my heart. She's so tiny yet so strong. I can't wait to see more!

I know having a baby is not easy. I've been pretty much asking everyone I know to tell me their birth stories and they're little tidbits of motherhood because I want to know! I want to know that your baby for some reason just didn't latch on and needed to have formula instead. I want to know that there is something called Braxton Hicks, which I only discovered recently. I'm relieved to know there are different types of post-postpartum depression. I need to know that there are different cries and possibly nights and nights of crying. It's all a part of this process and even the horror stories are still making me hopeful that I will have someone to call in case it does happen.

Today gave me a glimpse of the future and yes I did start a Pinterest board of future baby things. I can feel that 2016 is going to be a special year and I'm hopeful for the rest of the year...very hopeful! =)


Other Posts you might enjoy:

4 comments

  1. That's so adorable! I hope 2016 will be the year you decide to start a family if you and your husband decide that you are ready :) Best of luck! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby fever in full swing over here too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you're thinking of maybe getting pregnant this year! My husband and I are waiting a few years, but I have my nephew to love on for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love how you used "hopefuls" instead of resolutions . . . that sounds so much better!!! And having kids is amazing . . . in fact, it's really all the emotions, but in the end, amazing pretty much sums it up!

    ReplyDelete