Friday Favorites

{Canva}

It feels good to be back. There was definitely something missing in the last 3 months in my life. I did start the "hopeful" other books that will follow my first novel, but sometimes you need to let ideas marinate before you add them to the page. Writing daily helps me think of the other projects  and blogging is that perfect appetizer to my novel writing. Blogging also helps the creative flow for me.  Oh and it gets me to stop playing with my Nintendo Switch. haha.

Luckily I only have one game - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind, for now. I was beating the game too fast so I forced myself to slow down and pick up my computer again.

But anywho back on track. I live for the weekends and this Saturday is the first day of Fall!! Yes!! I will admit I've already been enjoying pumpkin everything since August, but now I don't have to be quiet about it. 

This weekend I have a good friend's birthday party, hopefully catching a movie, and getting some much needed rest after the long week. 

Here are my Friday Favorites from this week!

1. Captain Marvel


I've never been more excited for a superhero movie!! I was happy for Wonder Woman and she will always be badass, but I've been a Marvel girl from the beginning. I'm desperately trying to not find out too much about Carol Danvers so the film is a complete surprise. I'll scower the Internet for every Easter egg and trivia tidbit after.

Brie Larson is one of my all time favorite actresses - especially from United States of Tara, The Room, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. If she's staring in it, odds are I'm going to see it. Samuel L Jackson never disappoints as Nick Fury and Jude Law is actually going to be in a Sci-Fi movie again!! Gattaca was too long ago and even seeing him in Spy was too long ago! 

March 2019 needs to hurry up!

2. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel


Yes I'm going to say the cliche thing, "I watched this before it was big" but I did. I saw the first episode on Amazon prime and was so blown away I hoped Amazon picked it up. A year ago? or so Amazon had several pilot episodes of different shows up for review I guess is a good way to put it. This was one of them and I instantly fell in love with everything. 

The amazing cast, the colorful 1950's New York on the brink of every great change that shaped our present day is showcased in this show. It's not just about a separated housewife becoming a comedian...it's about a woman's self revolution to becoming who she really is as a person in the world. 

Give it a chance. It's as a good as they say.

3. American Horror Story: Apocalypse


I'm afraid to even mention this show because I don't want to jinx it. The first season - Murder House & the third season - Coven were my favorites. Season 8 - Apocalypse is supposed to be a crossover between the two. I hope *fingers crossed*  this season is good. 

The first episode set the atmosphere and initial plot great. The second episode has me questioning where the season has already stirred itself. Please don't hit a brick wall. Please be good!

Again, *Fingers crossed*

4. Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon
Move over Joanna Gaines...Magnolia Table has a big competitor. Basically anything that Reese Witherspoon touches becomes gold. I loved Big Little Lies, Legally Blonde, Wild, Cruel Intentions, and sooo happy Draper James clothing now goes up to XXL without having to click on an additional page for "plus sizes". 

Here comes her latest awesomness - Whiskey in a Teacup about growing up in the South. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!! Jennifer Garner did this hilarious video about having her hair in rollers while she picks up her kids that she learned from reading Whiskey in a Teacup. It's bound to be a great lifestyle treat! 

5.  Josh & Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren


I think 6-7 years ago I picked up Christina Lauren's debut novel "Beautiful Bastard" and I've pretty much read everything since then. Their latest and greatest is funny and page turner worthy and I'm only at Chapter 2. I just love Christina Lauren's contemporary romances and this will be #1 on my to do list this weekend!


What were your favorite things this week?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

8 comments

  1. Reese. Want that book.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain Marvel looks like a cool movie. Have a wonderful weekend. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing was learning one of my grandsons will be getting married soon! It's nice to be enjoying some cooler weather, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't WAIT for Captain Marvel. I agree, I want to learn little about the movie so it's a surprise when we eventually see it, but I'm also anxious for a trailer hahaha. SO with you on Wonder Woman, like she's great, but Marvel all.the.way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try Mrs. Maisel; I keep hearing such great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With you on the marinating, although I'm known to say they percolate, which is odd really as I'm not a big coffee drinker. Thanks for stopping by #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with 'anything that Reese Witherspoon touches becomes gold'! She is a celebrity I never hear bad things about, she doesn't fade into the background but instead quietly pushes on with things that she is passionate about. I bet her book feels like reading a letter from a friend.

    Lyd from WhatLydDid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, I'll have to check some of these out. I've had a busy week so being able to sit and have a coffee in peace was a favourite of mine! Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete