Thursday Thoughts



Made using Canva

Today I need to hit the ground running...literally. I have a lot of work to do at my day job, we are hoping to find out the results of the blood work on my cat Angel to see why she could have gone blind, I'm off tomorrow for doctor's appointments, and I have to be out of the office today by 5:30pm. Yup, a little crazy Thursday to finish out week.
 
 So here's a quick little Thursday Thoughts post about some things I'm doing and using until my favorite blogging day - Friday! 

 

Blogging Tip: 
Canva
If you've been blogging for a while you might have heard of Canva. Canva has free images, fonts, layouts, and a variety of other usual tools to create pretty, crisp, and appropiate images for blog posts! Using Canva has completely changed my blogging life, eliminating the stress of taking that perfect picture for a blogpost during the day, especially when you are an almost daily blogger. It's very user-friendly too. Did I also mention its free? You can choose to upgrade to a paid account, but I'm very content using the free services. There is enough variety of free things to use if you hold out on the paid one.




Movie to See:  
Destination Wedding
This movie is so bad, it's good. There I said it. It's almost as if Winoa Ryder's character in Mermaids grew up in all her awkward glory and a met a man - Keanu Reeves - who is acting like he tried to cram every odd trait his male friends have into his first day as a man. Sounds harsh, but somehow it is so charming and cute, and as someone who has literally been to 15+ weddings in a period of 5 years, their rants about weddings, life, and love are ridiculously relatable in every way. 

This is definitely a movie you watch once and part your way. I was fine paying for it On Demand, but if it's in the Redbox or your local library those are cheaper options.


 Cupcakes to Make:
Harry Potter Ravenclaw Themed

I moonlight as a cupcake decorator and next week I have an order for Harry Potter themed cupcakes for my boss's son. Fondant is not an easy tool to work with, but after several other cupcake projects I think I can do it. The hardest part is coloring the fondant!!! You could spend a lot of money just buying the different colors you need, but white fondant and a little food coloring drops goes a long way to save some big bucks.



New Writing Program I'm going to try:
Scrivener

After Book one comes book two and book three and so forth...In my writing tips youtube binge I've been doing for the past couple weeks a lot of writers are using Scrivener and I am ready to find out what this is. Right now I know you can write scenes separated out like post-its on a chalkboard and organize them as you see you fit. For my second book this is exactly what I need right now because it is in jumbled pieces.

More to come on this program later...I need to do more research to see if it will in fact help me out!

Do you use Scrivener?? Do you like it? 
I think I might need to do a blogpost for this if I like it...



Protein Shake I tried...And LIKED! 
Atkins Strawberry Protein Shake

I'm going to a Nutritionist tomorrow to hopefully get myself back on track. I've lost ten pounds and I desperately need to keep it off for good. Breakfast isn't a hard meal for me to find options to eat, but I realized everything I eat is carbs. Sugar carbs, regular carbs, carbs carbs carbs... I had a coupon and $2 bucks back on Checkout 51 app so I bought some Atkins shakes. I've always been a fan of Strawberry everything but shakes are usually chalky and artificially tasting. I was pleasantly surprised at the Atkins shakes. 1 Net Carbs, 15g of protein and actually tastes delicious. I can't wait to try out the other flavors!! =)

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!

What's going on with you lately? 
What have you recently tried?


Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

3 comments

  1. I love the Harry Potter cupcakes - they look fairly simple! WOW! Congrats on trying to get back on track - I am in the same place right now! It;s a struggle! UGH! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using canva but never thought about it for blog posts, may need to check that out.

    Stopping by from Penny's link up- check out my blog at bluesfansforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Canva, but I'm going to check it out. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete