Stolen Moments Sunday


Hello Fall! Now I don't have to hide my pumpkin everything I've been having since mid-August. Also, new season calls for a new Welcome mat for my condo. I'm such a lazy homeowner. Full disclosure, my neighbor got a new mat and I got jealous. I think mine was the same since I moved in 7 years ago. I went to A.C. Moore for this lovely treat. It's perfect and exactly what I wanted.

Bring on the Fall activities and sweaters! I will always be a jeans and a nice top girl, and Fall is my perfect time for just that. I can't wait to make some apple and pumpkin picking plans and hit up an Okbterfest or two. We stopped by one at our local Brewery Defiant Brewing Co. to pick up Steins for next weekend. That place has become our home away home and it's within walking distance of our condo. Yes, my husband and I need to move...but we're too busy loving our life here.

Sometimes blurry photos are the best. lol. 

 
 This weekend unfortunately my husband and I might have discovered that our elder cat, Angel, might have gone blind. It's a funny thing with cats...she still looks at you with her adorable loving stare, but we noticed her pupils aren't dilating back. We noticed she was a little slow in finding her treats if we stand in front of her with them, but then she'd maneuver around the condo just fine, then this weekend she started bumping into things. We're going to call the vet this week. She's such a loving little animal. My husband has had her since she was a kitten, about 16-17 years ago. My heart is breaking for her. 

 
On Saturday night, we tried something new for a close friend's birthday...An Escape Room! It's fun to be a tourist in your local cities. The Puzzle Parlour in White Plains, NY was so much fun. We did an alien conspiracy escape room and it was challenging. Through finding clues you maneuver into 3 other rooms. I'm happy we did it in a group of 8 because I would have missed some of the clues. We "escaped" from the room with a minute to go! =)


Then we had dinner reservations at a restaurant called "The Brazen Fox". It was cool to have the New York City feel without having the drive into the city and more space. lol. There frozen Rose' is a must!
 
Sundays have become Mom days. I was so distraught about Angel and I'm grateful and lucky to have my mother living so close to me. Sundays have become our errand days and visit my grandmother days. This weekend I didn't get to visit my grandmother, but I will try to do visit her next weekend. She has dementia, and ironically we bought her a therapeutic battery operated cat and viola we are actually seeing improvement in her behavior. =)

Ocean's 8

I had a killer migraine from being upset about Angel so I decided to rent Ocean's 8. Everything about this movie screamed YES! to me until I saw it. I'm sorry to say I fell asleep. I don't know how eight powerhouse women who are absolutely amazing in almost everything they do, could make a bad movie. Something was just off about the entire film. Basically they just power walk in designer clothes through the entire movie. The dialogue is brief, the interactions between the ladies not enough, and just no. I know it wasn't going to be a comedy, but these women are known for their chameleon abilities to adapt to their stories, and it just didn't click for me this time.


How was your weekend?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!


3 comments

  1. Ah, I love the idea of Mom (and Grandma!) Sundays. So sweet. And so something my mom (and grandma!) would do. & I'll be thinking of your sweet kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a very busy life. My thoughts are with you and your cat. I hope all will be well. Enjoy your next visit with your Grandma.
    Nancy | myeverydaychallenges.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Angel, and also your grandma. Dementia is so cruel, but your weekly visits will mean the world to her and it's so thoughtful of you to find a therapy cat. I hope the vet can make sure your kitty is comfortable! xx

    Lyd from WhatLydDid

    ReplyDelete