My Favorite Non-Horror Halloween Movies


Yay! Blogtober Day #3! 

I'm a movie girl, always been. My town had a Captain Video and the next town over had a Blockbuster. I had both membership cards growing up. The second I found out I could take movies out of the library I did. My ultimate favorite time of year for movies is Halloween! 

I love a great horror movie, but I know they're not for everyone. There are some movies I always watch around Halloween that aren't horror movies per se. I basically wish I could stay in every day of October and watch some of these classics. =)

So for Blogtober Day #3 - Here is a list of my favorite non-horror Halloween movies!

1. Hocus Pocus

I think this one is number #1 on everyone's list. 


2. Addams Family
This is one movie I can honestly say I have bought the most times. VHS, Laser Disc, DVD, & Blu-Ray. lol.  I do like the sequel but this first movie was the best!


3. The Worst Witch
Before Fairuza Balk was in The Craft she was in The Worst Witch. This was one of my favorites growing up! 


4. Casper
I'll never forget my Devon Sawa crush phase. 


5. Beetlejuice
I can never watch this movie enough times. Love it!! 


6. Ghostbusters 1 

 
7. Ghostbusters 2


8. Clue
I never realized I like pretty much every movie Tim Curry is in. He's also in The Worst Witch.

9. Donnie Darko
I know this is on the fence of Horror, but I had to add it. 


10. Rocky Horror Picture Show
I still have not seen this live!! I need to go to a showing where they act everything out and it's another Tim Curry movie! =)


11. Corpse Bride


The next set of movies are not really Halloween, but I find myself always watching them in October. 

11. Labryinth

12. Legend
One last Tim Curry movie! lol. Love this movie!


13. Men in Black

 

 14. Shape Of Water
This movie is quickly entering my mind as a weird but stunning movie to set an October mood. Also the man who plays the Sea Creature is the same actor who plays Billy Butcherson in Hocus Pocus. Oh yeah, it blew my mind when I found out! =)


15. My husband's pick - Karate Kid 
He watches it every October...lol


What Are Your Favorite Non-Horror Halloween Movies? 

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

4 comments

  1. I'm all for watching things that are festive. So even though I'm not a horror film girl, I watch a lot of these every October. Great list!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list. I loved Labyrinth as a kid #AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always watch Back to the Future in October, since the future date is 10/21/15! Also, for more Halloween but not Horror: Practical Magic, Little Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen all of these but one. I have to watch Hocus Pocus every year! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete