Friday Favorites!


If you didn't know, I have a slight obsession with flamingos...My mom does too. When I finally move out my tiny apartment I will be that lawn with the plastic flamingos! Luckily Canva - which I use for most of my blog graphics had this little cutie! Perfect for today!

I can't until 3pm so I can get the hell out of here! I'm on my way up to Saratoga Springs in Upstate New York! I live downstate outside of New York City. It's about a 2 and a half hour drive and I'm super excited!

I do have a quick list of Friday Favorites from the week! Here it goes!



1. THE BOLD TYPE 

This little show seems to be missing from almost everyone's radar and I'm honestly shocked. It's the a Freeform (old ABC Family) TV Show about 3 friends who work for Scarlet magazine and each week they tackle glass ceiling worthy topics at a millennial level. Season 2 kicked off this week!

Does the show have it's flaws? Yes. 

Does each week seem to wrap up neatly into a little perfect bow ending? Yes.

 But does it raise awareness about realistic topics in the workplace and the world for young women?
ABSOLUTELY! 

Take it or leave it, I'm inspired by the strong willed characters these three young career women portray. I would probably cry longer in the closet but the main theme of this season so far is "Don't take shit from anybody and they mean it! 

2. Ipsy


I know I mentioned this yesterday but I've already started using the products and I love it. The Pacifica eyeshow palette has very high pigmented colors that with a little Urban Decay eyeshadow primer are nice and vibrant. =) 

I'm totally understanding the feedback I'm getting about a drawback from Ipsy. After 12 months you have 12 mini bags...Birchbox had boxes that can easily be thrown away...This might get a little overwhelming as the months pile up so I'm trying to use the products actively so I don't have a junk drawer full of minis. 


3. TWITTER - PINNED TWEETS

It's been a whole month since I've been back blogging and I'm happier than ever. Before I used to use Twitter for random things mostly celebrity news...but in the two years I've been away so many things have changed for the better. 

You can now Pin your latest Blogpost Tweet on the top of your profile scroll. Seriously why didn't they have this before!! I've been keeping my latest posts, rotating them daily, up on top to get more interactions daily. It's worth it. Twitter is now the main referring site to my blog! The more you interactive the more potential traffic! Love it. Such an easy thing that accomplishes so much more! 



4. SWIMSUITS FOR ALL

Finally I have an answer to my swimsuit woes...Ashley Graham's brand company Swimsuits for all has exactly what it stands by. Quality Swimsuits in all sizes, shapes, and designs. I just picked up two swimsuits for my shore trip later in July because the prices were just right for me. Without sales, the swimsuits are a pricey, but swimsuits I've bought from them in the past have lasted 2 summers already. 

I just ordered this one today...I'm in love with the color!


I just ordered this one today...I'm in love with the color!
 
5. New Books to Read!!


Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson
Vicious by V.E. Schwab

I love going into books sometimes blind. Forgetting the reviews and simply going into Barnes and Noble and having the covers jump out at me, begging me to flip it over for the synopsis. Red is my favorite color but seriously I didn't plan this...

Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson

 Quick Rundown from back cover: 
One crazy night with a man dressed as Batman leaves the main character with more than she bargained for. Batman turns out to be her step-sister's future husband and the father of her baby...Dun Dun Dun... There's family twists and turns and I'm hella excited to read it.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

 I'm not a 100% as blind on this one as the other one...I missed getting a free copy at Book Con but I'm still staying away from the reviews...

 Quick Rundown from Amazon: 
 In Vicious, V. E. Schwab brings to life a gritty comic-book-style world in vivid prose: a world where gaining superpowers doesn't automatically lead to heroism, and a time when allegiances are called into question.

 Have a great weekend!

What Are Your Favorite Things From the Week?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

5 comments

  1. I really love the colour of the swimsuit, what is the shade called? #fridayfeature@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with my grandchildren ... always my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful bathing suit and I just love judging books by their covers; sometimes I find some really great new authors to read that way. Almost Sisters sounds like my kind of story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bold Type is my favorite show as well! I actually have in on my top 5 post today too! I just can't get enough-- it's too good! I actually stumbled across your blog from the past linkup from Life in Leggings! I didn't see her post one today though so now I am looking for others who are linking up on Fridays!

    xo, Lisa [ Mom Wife Design Life Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flamingo - although in our family they're still called plamingoes as christened by my niece, makes me smile every time. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete