Monday Diet Check: 5 Healthy Food Swaps!


Goals don't accomplish themselves. Sometimes, they take lots of hard work and doing what you don't want to do. But the good outweighs the bad and the end result will be amazing. So I'm told.

I promised myself this June I will lose and keep off 5 pounds. From my last Health Check post 2 weeks ago - Find it Here - I have a lot riding on getting my health in check. I honestly feel like I've lost/gained/lost/gained the same 15 pounds for years and it's steadily worsened. I have to do this. There is no turning back.

I already have learned something about myself right off the bat. Telling me to eat healthy isn't enough. I'm much better at Eat This Not That mentality. I'm doing very well with finding out exactly what products to eat and not to eat. The not to eat's are super easy but the good to eat is a struggle on it's own. It's a process and I've nailed down some great go-to's already.



Five Healthy Food Swaps 
I'm Trying Out This Week.

1. Pesto vs Balsamic Reduction

I'm obsessed with pesto and it has an insane amount of calories and fat content. People claim it's part of the healthy fats but it fucks up my skin, it's crazy oily, and two tablespoons is insane amount of Weight Watchers points. No one can really just eat two tablespoons. Come on.

There enters Balsamic Reduction. Yummy, delicious, sometimes sweet depending on the brand with almost no calories, and no fat content. We have a winner!!!


Forgoing the bread too and just having a mozzarella, fresh tomato, & basil with the balsamic reduction is so much healthier than the pesto sauce!

2. Yogurt Swaps L.A. Yogurt for Siggi Yogurt

I still can't believe how much sugar is my little 4oz container of L.A.Yogurt. Damn. This swap was simple. I love Siggi yogurt. It's a 100% more healthy.

3. Rice for Cauliflower Rice

Trader Joe's and Green Giant has made this swap super duper easy. I love making fried cauliflower rice. I don't even care how much I eat of it because it's such a better option.


4. Soda for Anything Sparking Water

I'm addicted to Cocoa Cola. I can already feel the headache coming along after 2 days without a soda. This is one swap I have to do cold turkey and never look back. It's so bad for my insides. Dasani Sparkling Lime & Sparkling Berry might be able to save me though!

5. Swap Candy for Fruit

Candy is another bad vice for me. I had a glucose test come back a little high late last year so I need to swap some gummy sharks for some apricots or peaches. This is always my favorite part of Spring & Summer. Fruit!

What Healthy Food Swaps Have You Made Lately?


There is also a new show called Dietland starting tonight on AMC...

I watched the first 15 minutes of it and I'm already torn. I hope the entirety of the 2 hour premiere isn't about the main lady Plum bashing herself over the head metaphorically for not be able to lose weight herself. I love dark comedies and dark twists but if it's Plum not pulling herself out of the slump and raging war against something I won't continue it. There is a murder or kidnapping so  hopefully it goes in another direction and is only setting up the character.

We'll just have to wait and see!

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

3 comments

  1. Thank you for the information. I look forward to trying some of these. Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently trying to lose some weight, so will try some of these #happynow@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of swaps! I'm tracking macros right now and need some swaps to keep from eating too much fat. I eat healthy fat, but too much. So for now, it's mustard for mayo for me and such.

    ReplyDelete