Stolen Moments Sunday


I have absolutely no clue what type of flower this is but I just fell in love with it. My husband laughed because the flower was growing in a trail part of the zoo we went to today where there were tons of animals yet I was taking pictures of the flowers for  my blogpost header! lol. 

The weekend was crazy busy from my friend's bridal shower to my god-daughter's dance recital to a date day adventure to the zoo. 

Did it all go off without a hitch?  
Nope. Florists close mad early on Saturdays?!?!

Did I win Bridal Shower Gift Bingo?  
Uh-huh! I won an adorable Pineapple tumbler.

Did I realize I was Taking Photos of the Wrong Kid on stage at the Dance Recital?
Most definitely...I think I need a better glasses prescription for distance
  
 Did I think of Titles for All the Books in my 4 Book Series I plan to Write? 
Fuck yeah! Driving to the dance recital it came to me and yes I pulled over and wrote it down in my phone.
Did I fall and bruise my butt because I couldn't get up from kneeling on the ground?  
You betcha. After the photo with my god-daughter I tried to get up, stumbled, lost my balance and fell flat on my ass. Embarrassment at it's finest.

 Did I steal the adorable Two Toed Sloth we saw at the zoo? 
No, because Craig wouldn't let me. hehe. 

My god-daughter Skyler and me. 

Oh how I love this kid. She's spunky, she's smart, she's funny, and one heck of a little dancer. Her little dance group of 4-6 year olds was too cute for words. I'm so happy I was able to see her dance. 

It's so funny hearing her say "You want to take a selfie?" When I was that age in 1990 you had a disposable camera or a clunky camera that took film only. My my how times have changed.

I remember doing dancing tap, jazz, and ballet when I was younger and even 25 some odd years later the memories are so awesome and still bring a smile to my face. I can't wait until I have kids so I can hopefully go to their dance recitals one day, but I will also settle for a soccer game if they choose. 

Craig and I at Beardsley Zoo
I definitely want mini horses for Christmas this year!
We went to zoo too and like I said I took more picture of the flowers and this crazy gated off bridge leading to nowhere than the adorable animals. Oh well...

I think I'm going to start back up my Married Life Series this week and share a couple other things my husband and I have tried to make traditions in our relationship. We do ornaments but its grown to show much more! =)

This week, fingers crossed, won't be as crazy work wise than the last. I have lots to do, lots to write, and always tons of books of read. lol. 

Oh and lastly I found the Food Stirs!!! I have to make it some time this week!!

Okay I'll admit I do look a little crazy here about this little cake in a mug. The guy at Starbucks definitely thought I was nuts. #frizzyhairdontcare

How Was Your Weekend?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram
Please visit my Weekly Link Up page for the awesome bloggers I'm linking up with today!

7 comments

  1. The name of the flower is Lantana. It is beautiful and butterflies love it and it is one of the easiest plants to take care if!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cool post. I'm glad to hear an update.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, would love to own a sloth so if you ever obtain one; I will be happy to share custody and give you a break whenever you need one! What a great weekend! I am now following you from Lindsay - you can follow back if you choose at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at the long silky hair on that horse! HA! Kinda jealous.
    How cool that you came up with all those book titles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun weekend! We haven't been to the zoo in forever! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh disposable cameras! And paying extra for them to develop in an hour instead of having to wait a few days! Yayyy for winning the pineapple tumbler <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are pretty flowers! Funny about taking pics of the wrong kid haha. Times have truly changed.

    ReplyDelete