Stolen Moments Sunday


 This weekend was a quiet one but there was still a few cool things that happened.

~ A lot of times my Sundays revolve around family. I spend it catching up with my parents and visiting my grandmother - my mother's mother - at the nursing home. My grandmother suffers from dementia but somehow when I say "Hi Grandma!" she perks up and smiles. Somewhere in her subconscious she knows it's me. It's always my favorite stolen moment just between her and me.

~ On June 2nd & 3rd I'm going to Book Con at the Javit's Center in New York City. I'm so excited to go. This Saturday morning I got spots to get two autographs I've been wanting for a while. 

Nico Tortorella - All Of It Is You

Mary H.K. Choi - Emergency Contact 

I read Emergency contact a few weeks ago and I barely put it down. It was so good! I hope I don't get star struck meeting them. I have a tendency to stutter when I'm near famous people. Book Con will definitely be an adventure!

~ I guess I've been preoccupied with books lately. Finishing writing one, starting my next, and reading anything I can get my hands on. You know those Facebook ad promotions where a publishing house appears to do a click bait and naturally you are skeptical about it? Stop being skeptical about it. I took a chance a few weeks ago, put my home address in, and low and behold St. Martin's Press sent me an free advanced copy of "Baby Teeth" by Zoje Stage. I always wondered how people on Good Reads get their advanced copies weeks before the release dates. Now I know! I will definitely be devouring this book soon and writing a review!



I have to keep an eye out for more free advanced copies! =)

~ On May 19th, my grandmother - my father's mother - would have been 94 years old this year. We lost her in 2012. I miss her so much. I love how sometimes when I laugh I hear her laughing with me. Every time I would visit her she would be in her garden, forever pruning her rose bushes, dogwood trees and rosa sharons. Today when I visited my grandfather the house was beautifully surrounded by all her handwork, blooming in the sunshine. It's truly breathtaking. ~


Thankfully this is a shortened week because of Memorial day weekend. I can't wait to have half a day on Friday and 3 whole days to chill out. But first, let's make it through the week! =)
 
How was your weekend?
 What were your Stolen Moments?

Follow me on Bloglovin

3 comments

  1. Loving the book recommendations - thank you! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to spending the weekend with loved ones! When I am a grandma, I would love if my grandkids visit me on Sundays

    ReplyDelete