Pinterest Wins: The Simpliest DIY Ever - Rustic Bow Magnets


THE SIMPLIEST DIY EVER!

Hello February!! I have officially dubbed February as #GETSHITDONE Month. A poster from one of my favorite bloggers, Monica over at The Elgin Avenue, shared a photo of a poster which really hit home for me. The poster read: GET SHIT DONE. I think this is a good mantra for the new month! There has been too many things I've put off for literally no reason except laziness and pure procrastination. February seems like a good month to push forward.

I've been organizing my kitchen cabinets, my craft drawers, my photo boxes not full of photos but junk, shredding old bills, trying to use up old candles and contemplating the next big thing. I've searched Pinterest for some much needed inspiration and stumbled upon a few DIY's for magnets and I kept coming back to similar projects. Basically, you can pretty much stick anything to a small magnet and super glue the hell out of it to make it stick. Let it dry and Viola, you have brand new magnets as personalized as you want!

A Beautiful Mess - {Pin - Source}

Other Inspirational Pins Used for this DIY: {Pin - Source} & {Pin - Source}, 

These lil handy dandy Pins has helped me out immensely! Ever since Craig got me a polaroid camera I've been a little lost what to do with the polaroid pictures. I don't want to just throw them in another photo box to create more clutter. Therefore a set of new magnets, made by yours truly is just the Pinterest Win I needed! 

I often feel like people discuss their Pins but don't let us know what pins they've actually done in real life! This might become a new series for Toots + Dill! Let's see how many Pins I can successfully do! =)

Behold a Rustic Bow Twist on the Simpliest DIY EVER! 

RUSTIC BOW MAGNETS

Supplies Needed: 
~ All Found at Michael's Craft Store ~
  1. (4) Rustic Bows
  2. Magnets
  3. Loctite Super Glue (Gorilla Glue Works too!)
Total Project Cost: Less than $4
 Three Easy Steps:
1. Place a comfortable amount of glue on the back of the bow.
2. Place a small magnet firmly onto the glue and press down.
3. Let the Glue dry! 

Finished Product! 

This is so simple and I'm excited to make some more magnets with different mediums! It was a lot of fun too because it is just that simple! Sometimes the simplest DIY can be the most rewarding!

Behind The Scenes: 
I love when fellow bloggers show the un-edited pics! 
This was my set up for this DIY! I used an old card stock sheet for background!

February Day #1: Successful! One DIY Completed!

What's Your February Mantra? 
Have any Pinterest Wins Lately?

10 comments

  1. Now this is a DIY that even I can do! Thanks for sharing girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant and so cute! I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DIY's but I love easy ones like this! Such a brilliant idea!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I need to get my daughters to sit down and make them for me lol... they actually love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! Most of my Pinterest attempts end up going horribly wrong but these look super easy! Can't wait to give them a try!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cute, I might have to try these myself! :)
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea and they look lovely!!! Have a jolly good day, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are awfully cute. I could probably even pull them off. Crafty lady I am so not. I appreciate you linking with me this week for my first party. Do bring some more of this good stuff next week. We also have a Tuesday Talk party if you'd like to stop by. Begins on my site at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete