This year Saving Money is always on my mind and it's been a successful run so far! January was a great month of savings for me. I kept up my $35 a week for lunch goal and was able to save an extra $40+ for my mad money jar. As well as additional savings brought on by my heightened awareness of my daily life and decisions.
Today I would like to share the extra steps I took in February to keep my credit card bill low and still be able to add a little money to my mad money jar!
How I Saved Money in February
- ***Managed My Retail Store Email Subscriptions to Only 1x a Week
- Used Only Cash for Lunch Out
- Always Looked Online for a Coupon In Store
- Placed my Paper Coupons in One Portable Location - i.e. Bed Bath Beyond
- Researched What Stores Accept Other Store Coupons - i.e. Michael's/AC Moore/JoAnn's
- Made a Personal Decision to Change my Health Insurance Plan
- Meal-Prepped for Lunches
- Did my Own Manicure - Twice
- Bought Gas in NJ - Cheapest at $1.57 a galloon
- Continued to Bring My Own Bottles back - I live in a Bottle Deposit State
- Found Cheaper Quicker Meal Options for Home Dinners on Pinterest
- Did Massive Amounts of Laundry to Raise My Awareness of What Clothing I Have
- Shut Off the Lights When I Leave a Room
- Used Items from my Small Stock Pile Instead of Always Buying New
- Watched Movies from Red Box ($1.50) at home instead of going to the movies!
- Joined Free Membership Clubs for Rewards i.e. Regal Cinemas
- Opted for Ladies' Night at Home
- Booked our Upcoming Ft. Lauderdale Trip on Expedia!
- Finished & Started Books I Already Own
- Continued to Use Free Services for My Blog
How Did You Save Money in February?
As always you can find me at: