Married Life: The Newlywed Questions...

Like any newlywed couple we are getting the questions....

"How's Married Life"
"When are you going to move?"
"When are you going to have kids?"
"Are you sharing health insurance?"
"Do you have one bank account now?"
"Did you change your name yet?"

I am a very happily married woman but my anxiety kicks in the second I hear one of these questions. The simple answers I'm giving is not satisfying the inquiring person and it leaves me befuddled. I can rant at them about all the reasons why Craig & I are behind schedule sorta speak but the bottom line is marriage takes time to get a steady groove for the next happy things to come. We also have to promise ourselves to not let the pressure of the questions accelerate our decisions if we are not ready.

I've been going to open houses, but nothing feels like home yet. Craig and I both want to have kids and if it's not in the cards for us we both decided to give other options a try. I'm still on birth control and we are both okay with that for now. I have changed my name on my license, but I still have to do it for social security and all my credit cards. It's a process.We missed the health insurance "Life Altering Event" Window so we'll just have to do it next year. We have set up a joint bank account from our wedding gifts & are contributing a little by little each month. I think that's a good start even if it is six months in!

These past six months have come and gone faster than I ever thought possible. It's been a whirlwind of a honeymoon luggage fiasco, my grandfather's death, Craig's band breaking up again, fired co-workers increasing my workloads, & a few days of total shenanigans. There has been a lot of things that Craig & I have had to just get into the boat and float along whether we like it or not, but that's life!

It will all happen in due time and I'm going to try not to compare myself to others in this journey too! I'm so excited for these new steps and hopefully if we take our time it will be wonderful!

Did you struggle with the Newlywed Questions?
I'd love to hear... 

 Mr. & Mrs. Smith

1 comment